How Many Pairs of Footwear Do You Own?

How many pairs of footwear do you own?

As for me, a quick look at my shoe rack will tell you that I am not like most women. Meaning, I do not collect shoes for every occasion like most women do. I only have a few pairs of footwear and despite my very modest collection of shoes, I don't even get to wear most of what I have for months on end.

My choices of footwear remained to be functional throughout the years: 2 pairs trainers, 1 pair sneakers, 1 pair leather flats, 1 pair leather sandals, 1 pair of ancient flip-flops I use indoors, and a pair of wellington Boots. Just seven pairs. Totally freaky for a female, eh?

I always wear sneakers or sandals when I got out so my girl-y flats are sort of feeling dejected already. And it has been months since I went brisk walking with my dad so my trainers suffer pretty much the same fate. And although it has been raining in Davao City recently, I won't wear my puddlestompers downtown again because the last time I did, people were looking at me like I grew two heads or something.

That experience I had with my Plueys puddlestompers was really unforgettable. And because of that, I thought of selling my rainboots for less than Php1,500 (a bad idea since I bought it for almost two thousand bucks). A buyer from Manila was keen on having it but since she wanted a huge discount on the boots, I decided to cancel the sale. Now, the boots occupy a special spot in my room-- waiting for the perfect puddle-stomping occasion. I am thinking of wearing the boots when we pay our farm a visit in a week or so. I figured that if it continues to rain like it did this past week, the mud will be probably up to my knees. Just perfect for my rainboots!

I don't have plans of buying another pair of shoes anytime soon. I'll probably wear my sandals and sneakers for a couple of months more, continue to neglect my leather flats, and still wear my ancient flip-flops indoors. And I also hope to start on an exercise program and put my trainers to good use.