The Effects of Indoor Lighting on Mood

When I am in a dark room I feel tired, sluggish,and gloomy. And when I work in a dimly-lit room, I am less productive and find it hard to come up with interesting topics for my next blogging projects. To prevent these episodes wherein i feel "out of sorts", my foolproof trick is to turn on table lamps for a well-lit, colorful environment.

The skillful use of lighting can influence the ambiance of your environment. At home, you can create a different feel for every room through the use of different lamps and light fixtures. In the bedroom, for example, a table lamp with a soft glow will produce a calming effect especially during bedtime. For the dining area, a chandelier over the dining table is usually used for a more romantic and elegant effect. When receiving guests, wall and accent lighting will make the home environment more inviting.

In addition to indoor lighting, a proven way of creating a relaxing home environment is to use natural lighting. Whenever you don't want to use lamps and lamp shades, simply sitting by a window- perhaps one with a view- will also have a positive effect on your mood.