No to Friendster, Yes to Plurk

Before you grab me by the hair, you gotta hear my story. I don't have anything against Friendster or people who have a gazillion friends in their Friendster page. It's just not my thing.

And I tell you, I received my own share of flak from people who are disgusted upon hearing that I don't have a Friendster account. Because they think I am lying when I tell them I don't have a Friendster or MySpace account. I do have a Multiply account which I don't access anymore because I always end up buying stuff online.

While social networking is not new to me, I don't think I gave myself the opportunity to really "get into" it. I have heard of micro-blogging and Twitter, even tried to sign up for it, and used it once or twice. And it was only when I joined the 2nd Mindanao Bloggers Summit that I heard of Plurk. Yeah, this is me, Brendel the Neanderthal.

When I got home from General Santos City, my BFF urged me to sign up for Plurk as he already did. And so I did, early this morning. Proof to my "innocence" at plurk-ing is a karma of sub-13 and 10 mutual friends, plurkbuddy included. But the question is: Will I be addicted to Plurk and micro-blogging in general ? Nah. I don't think so. But I think I will be using Plurk as often as I use Yahoo Messenger. It is a great way to connect with friends and acquaintances. Heck, one can even use it to promote one's blog and create a huge fan base. If you have the stamina for it, that is.

I personally don't think I have the makings of a hardcore plurker. But it will be cool to have a million karma like a fellow blogger, Dulce, has.


7 comments:

Georg Kevin A. Paquet said...

wee.. plurk rules.. so easy so simple to use and you get to even socialize better with people than in friendster.
plurk is simple but straight to the point socializing and microblogging. while friendster ? well, friendster just came along first.. haha

-pinoyteens.net

CyNurse said...

Hi, kevin! What's your Plurk nick? I definitely need another mutual friend.Please.....

Georg Kevin A. Paquet said...

plurk.com/pinoyteens
plurk.com/daizel

hehe iadd nang duha..
paspas naq nagacomment balik no..I love google reader + co.mments.com :))

-pinoyteens.net

CyNurse said...

will do!

MeiYah said...

wehehehe... hala ma-adik kana sa plurk ha... nagapataas an imu karma... weee... welcome to plurkland again! :D grabe c dulce million gyud ang karma... nyhahahaha... I'm lovin google reader na rin kev's hahaha salamat sa pag introduce, ayus jud xa... btw, added u into my google reader na gud hahaha.. try it pra updated ka sa mga blogs ng friends mo..

Dulce said...

Hala! Naspecial mention ako. Hehehe. :D

CyNurse said...

Nyahaha!