Appreciating Art

I'm not an artistic person but I do appreciate an objet d'art when I see one. I like looking at paintings and other forms of artwork that depict life vividly, expecially those that capture the essence of places and people with clarity and depth.

Eversince I was introduced to the beauty of visual arts, I have admired the beautiful pieces produced by the pop art movement. This may sound naive but the commercial value of pop art appeals to me as I can relate with it as its themes revolve around popular mass culture.

Recently, I scoured the interntet for websites maintained by art galleries and the last site I visited, Paragon Fine Art, has a huge collection of very beautiful pieces of contemporary, traditional, and commercial art. Some of their featured artists include Pamela Sukhum, Dino Rosin, Vladimir Kush, Liudmila Kondakova, Carrie Graber, and Victoria Montesinos.