Garnier Didn't Deliver the 28-Day Promise


I bought Garnier's Light Moisturizing Lotion (SPF 15) and their Milky Lightening Toner two months ago. In the Garnier TV ad featuring KC Concepcion, Garnier promises a noticeable lightening of the skintone after 28 days of continued use. Well, it has been two months since I started using Garnier's Moisturizing Lotion and Milky Lightening Toner combo but I still have to see my facial skintone lighten. Hehe.

I am not surprised, really. I was sort of expecting it. I bought the product because I ran out of my usual supply of toner and moisturizer and not for the skin lightening properties. Also, Garnier smells really nice-- I like citrus-y scents. Plus, the 150 ml bottle of toner sells really cheap at Php169 and the 40 ml bottle of mositurizing lotion is a steal at Php139.

But since Garnier terribly failed at its will-lighten-your-skintone-by-two-shades-in-28-days promise, will I buy Ganier products again? Sure! As I previously mentioned, Garnier is inexpensive. And although I find the light moisturizing lotion a tad too greasy for my already oily skin, I didn't have any breakouts. Neat, huh?

In a nutshell, although Garnier didn't make my facial skintone two shades lighter, I will still include the brand's mositurizer and toner part of my skincare routine (although I wouldn't recommend it to those with oily skin). Heck, I got a set of hypoallergenic toner and moisturizer for under Php350, so who cares about skin lightening?

And as I've said, I really like citrus-y scents.



2 comments:

Mrs Sweetwater said...

just curious, don't you know how dangerous it is to lighten your skin?

you must know if you are a nurse

CyNurse said...

Precisely. I know what's dangerous or not.

But I'm no paranoid hippie who thinks that everything that do not grow from the soil are dangerous.