AdSense, Salon-treated Hair, and Effective Time Management


I wasn't born with straight hair. Although not kinky, mine is of the wavy, unruly type. Yeah, the type that would most likely generate mental questions like, "Mahangin ba sa labas?" or "Did you even bother to comb your hair"?

If I had to meet somebody or need to be somewhere, I had to be given a 1.5 hours to fix myself before I am ready to leave my place. I need that much time to shower, get dressed, apply a generous amount of sunblock and minimal make-up on my face, and fix my hair.

Honestly, it takes me just about 30 minutes to shower, get dressed, and go about my usual skincare routine. The remaining hour is devoted to blow-drying my hair and taming it with a straightening iron.

You have no idea how people criticize me for taking so long to fix my hair. I don't blame them but I can't blame myself either. I am oftentimes late for appointments but I seldom leave the house without going through my routine. I just look different if I leave my hair au naturelle-- like I just got out of bed. Literally.

And so to fix the problem, the moment I got my Adsense earnings last month, I set aside a part of it to have my hair salon-treated and splurged on a rebond (sorry for the chic lingo, guys!). I don't usually spend so much on my hair so thinking about how much I spent on it makes me want to chide myself for such extravagance.

However, I must say the results are remarkable. My hair is wavy and unruly no more. And of course, since I no longer have to blow-dry and straighten my hair before leaving the house, I am seldom late for appointments. Even my father noticed the radical change. Hoo-hah!

I was advised to get another treatment in 6-8 months. And be poorer than I already am. Will I do it? Um, yeah. I have to. After all, it's in the name of effective time management. Hehe.


3 comments:

patricio.el.suplado said...

haha. i understand.

can we spell vanity here? hehe

welcome to the club po.

meron kasi akong "principle" when it comes to vanity of one's self:

"If that makes you look good and make you feel better for yourself, then just do it." haha..

ako naman, s mukha ko ang pananamit ko ako vain.

CyNurse said...

I'd like to think I am not into clothes or shoes like most girls are. I'm more functional than stylish.

Ang mahal kaya maging vain so may effort ako to live within my own means. Am I succeeding? Hindi yata eh.

Siguro dapat take na talaga blogging really seriously, eh?

patricio.el.suplado said...

Agree, ahehe.

*Gives te Bren a standing ovation with matching hand-claps*