Wassup, Busy Bee?


I went to this very popular fastfood chain popularized by its Bee mascot. I was not in the mood for lunch so I just ordered a large coke and large fries. I was told that my order amounted to Php69.00 and so I handed the cashier a not-so-crisp five hundred peso bill.

The cashier took the money from me and as I was expecting her to punch the total amount in the cash register and give me the change, she took a few steps away from the machine and crouched a little, took some money from what looked like a cash box, and then walked back to the cash register.

"Uh-oh. This can't be happening again", I mutterred to myself. She handed me my change and then proceeded to prepare my coke and fries. As she came back with my order, I asked for my receipt. To which, she innocently countered: "Kailangan nyo pa ng receipt, ma'am?"

Of course I said yes and then she punched a few keys in the cash register so she can give me an official receipt.

I can't help but wonder if THAT was intentional. Because the last time I checked, business establishments are still obligated to issue official receipts even for transactions below Php100.

My, my. Methinks the bee is not just busy. It has become naughty.:P

No comments: