Affordable Web Hosting for Blogs

I was updating my other blog when I realized that I really need to look for an affordable web host for my blogs. I am currently using a free webhosting service and while it is not ad-supported, the connection speed is really slow. Well, I wasn't really promised anything in terms of server speed but I didn't really expect things to be this slow. The simple act of refreshing a page takes two minutes to accomplish so I guess I can rightfully say that my experience with the web host I am currently using is not very satisfying.

Another problem with free web hosting services is that they offer very limited bandwidth and may actually experience frequent downtimes. It is very likely that you'll see those "bandwidth exceeded" messages while trying to access your blog or go through prolonged downtimes. Of course, there are reliable ones like Tripod and Geocities but both are ad-supported so unless you can tolerate forced ads on your blog, you should consider getting paid web hosting for your blog.

A helpful site, Web Hosting Geeks, has named the Top 10 Best Web Hosts for 2009. They have listed all the reputable web hosts for different categories and have named JustHost as the Best Blog Web Host for 2009. So if you are still scouting for a web host, you might want to read the reviews and articles available in the site.

For my blogs, an affordable web hosting account will do. I don't really need all those add-ons included in most web hosting packages as I just need a reliable and fast web hosting service offering an affordable payment plan, reasonable disk space and bandwidth allotment and of course, technical support.