My First Chick Lit Read


My first chick lit read is Getting Over It by Anna Maxted and all I can say is: Yikes. I just don't quite get her writing style. And I thought I'll find something humorous in the superficial.

I don't know what made me include a couple of chick lit ebooks in my Stanza library. Maybe this genre of fiction slightly appealed to me because I thought I can relate well with chick lit female protagonists. Not that I like to shop or be so overly concerned about my looks. But I am single and still somehow fit the age group (up to thirty-something). And of course, I liked the movie adaptation of The Devil Wears Prada. Plus, chick lit book covers are really colorful and I really like having pretty cover images in my Stanza library.

I am not keeping my doors closed on chick lit. But I don't want to waste my time on bad reads so I think I'm going to pick a couple of ebook titles from more popular chick lit authors.