More on Glamour Reel Moments

I watched The Spleenectomy and The Monday Before Thanksgiving, two films included in the award-winning Glamour Reel Moments series of short films. Glamour Reel Moments, by the way, launched the directorial debuts of actresses Courteney Cox, Demi Moore, Jennifer Aniston, Kirsten Dunst, to name a few.

In a previous blog entry, I have written about the short film Streak, starring Brittany Snow and Rumer Willis and directed by Demi Moore. Below is my take on The Spleenectomy and The Monday Before Thanksgiving.

The Spleenectomy is starred by Anna Faris and directed by Kirsten Smith (10 Things I Hate About You, Ella Enchanted). It is about Judy (Anna Faris), a housewife who aspires to be an actress. The Spleenectomy has a couple of funny moments but the weirdest thing is that in the film, the lead actor pretends to be a surgeon for a chance to play her dream role and performs a spleenectomy. Since Glamour Reel Moments films are supposed to be inspired by true stories, I hope the spleenectomy thing didn't really happen.

I also watched The Monday Before Thanksgiving and liked it because I can sort of relate with the lead character's dilemma. Theresa (Laura Dern) is an art dealer who enjoys being single but has a hard time convincing friends and family that she is happy and contented in being so. The Monday Before Thanksgiving is refreshing and definitely worth watching.

I downloaded Streak, The Monday Before Thanksgiving, and The Spleenectomy free from the Itunes Store. To read more on Glamour Reel Moments, click here.