Blogging and Sleeplessness

March 3, 2009 (10:00 pm)

With much regret, I stopped reading the ebook I was about to finish and pushed the home button of my iPod Touch. I have also decided not to blog for the night and not to wait for the latest upload of Boys Before Flowers. I then called Lyle to tell him that I'm hitting the sack early. I had to be up early or else...

March 4, 2009 (1:45 am)

I woke up sweating. I must've been dreaming. I grabbed my phone to look at the time. Damn! It isn't even 2:00 am yet. Stupid body clock!

So I pulled myself out of bed, turned on the laptop, and decided to blog. And maybe plurk a little.

My room was, all of a sudden, suffocating. So I decided to work in the dining room. I picked up my laptop and unceremoniously placed it on top of the dining table. Fleetingly, I made a mental note to thank Lyle for my router and then went back to the room to grab a couple of reference books.

I decided to make an entry for my nursing blog, Ward Class. I haven't been giving the blog the attention it deserves. I knew what the blog entry will be about. The topic has been decided a couple of nights before. A simple look at the categories told me it has to be about Endocrine Disorders. Yeah, I told myself, e-n-d-o-c-r-i-n-e.

So I made a blog entry on Pheochromocytoma. More of struggled with a blog entry on Pheochromocytoma. And after hitting the publish post button, my phone rang. It was Lyle, telling me that the PRC-Board of Nursing released a memo recheduling the date of the June 2009 Nursing Board Exam.

Lyle also suggested that I blog about this new development and update a previously published post on the June 2009 Nursing Board Exam schedule.
He already blogged about it at Pinoy R.N., his nursing blog. So typical of him, I thought.

After completing my blogging tasks, I thought of my progress for the past couple of hours. And I was like..whaaaat? Two blog posts at Ward Class in less than 2 hours? Remarkable. My nursing blog is by far the most difficult to maintain.

Hmmm...I kinda like this productive side of me. However forced. However unnatural. Admittedly, I can't do it on my own. I really need to be egged into being. And again, I made a mental note to thank Lyle.