Oh My Golly, I love Tony Moly!


Ooohhh, I love Mondays! I will be watching Boys Before Flowers later tonight and I just discovered Tony Moly. Before you raise your eyebrows, Tony Moly is a popular skincare and cosmetics label in Korea. I have read good reviews about the brand in Lotus Palace.

I wanted to sample Tony Moly's line of products because judging from the pictures in Lotus Palace, they all come in cute packaging (as in Etude House and SkinFood cute). I was already won over by Tony Moly's packaging and favorable reviews (non-irritating, inexpensive, and sweet-smelling to boot) that I was willing to spend money and buy Tony Moly skincare products.

And so today, I went to this Korean store I frequent to buy anything Tony Moly. Since I was in a hurry, I settled with an inexpensive tube of Tony Moly Metalizer Make-up Base and tried it on a cleansed face as soon as I got home. The verdict? I looove it! The Tony Moly Metalizer Make-up Base has fine iridescent particles that give a pore-refining effect and lend a healthy glow to the skin. It smells nice and suits my oily skin.

Tony Moly also has a BB cream and I'll buy a tube if it is in stock as I am looking for an alternative to foundation (not really a makeup junkie). I may spend a lot time on my hair but I'm okay with base, powder, and some gloss. If I can't find a tube of Tony Moly, I might just try Missha or Etude House as I think I spied both brands at La Core. I also considered getting SkinFood's Mushroom or Aloe BB cream variants but since SkinFood's retail prices here are waaayyy too inflated, I was pretty much discouraged from doing so. Anyway, SkinFood's been getting mixed reviews so I just have to look for better and cheaper brands.

I am looking forward to my next Tony Moly experience. And I am so excited because they have a whole range of neatly-packaged, sweet-smelling, non-irritating, and inexpensive skincare products to choose from. I can already imagine myself trying their sleeping masks, nose packs, moisturizers, and face and body scrubs.

Until my next Tony Moly experience. And by the way, did I mention that Kim Hyun Joong of Boys Before Flowers endorses Tony Moly?