More Than Just A Notebook



In June last year, I bought a thick Stradmore notebook which I like to call my life's notebook. It is not really a journal, because I just jot things down when I feel like it although my intention is to keep it a monthly affair. It keeps me remember thoughts and feelings- some sort of a date and time stamp. I am so forgetful that there is a constant need for me to write things down for easy reference.

I leafed through the pages of the notebook a while ago and I couldn't help but smile as I read some of the silly things I have written. For example, in my first entry, I wrote about my first Google Adsense payout and listed the things I bought with my earnings: a computer chair, my stradmore notebook, grocery items, and food.

In another entry dated November 2008, I wrote that I won't drink softdrinks anymore and although I didn't muster the courage until January this year, I'm happy that I finally did. I also wrote about a Desperate Diet Plan which is too embarassing to discuss in detail here. However, I believe it paved the way for me to take weight loss seriously despite the hits and misses along the way. I do have my weight loss blog now (seriously!) and I maintain a food journal. And I hope to finally lose the excess poundage. Tee-hee!

It has been a month since I have written in my Stradmore notebook. And maybe tomorrow, I'll write another entry. Just looking at it now makes me want to smile. The cover says: No I.D., No Entry. And has names like Sue Permann, Ella Fant, Jack Stone, and Xavier Breth written all over it. Very, very silly.