Loving Michael Scott


Every week, I hang out at Lyle's place to watch the newest episode of The Office. We have been avid followers of this mockumentary by NBC and have been watching it for years now. And since Lyle has been really conscientious at sourcing all the episodes of The Office per season, I say we never missed an episode of this very sharp and funny comdey series.

But of course, the central character in The Office is Michael Scott portrayed by Steve Carell. Michael Gary Scott is the regional manager of Dunder Mifflin- Scranton Branch who is often insensitive, a poor judge of character, and lacks self-awareness. And although he can be so mean at times that you want to tear him into bits and pieces, he is actually a very lonely person and my heart went out to him countless times.

A couple of days ago, we watched parts 1 & 2 of Lecture Circuit and I say Michael Scott almost made me cry. Sure, he was still insensitive and managed to say and do the most inappropriate things but seeing how distraught he was when he found out that ex-girlfriend Holly has moved on...well, you have to be either heartless or dead to be unsympathetic.

On March 5, there will be another episode of The Office for us.
The next episode is called Blood Drive. And I am really excited. Because I don't think there's gonna be a lousy The Office episode.