iWhite Korea Facial Products, Part II

Last week, I blogged about iWhite Korea facial products and promised to review iWhite's 5-step Botanical Skin Care System. I have been diligently using iWhite facial products for more than three weeks now and it is about time I come up with the second half of my iWhite facial products review.

iWhite Mandarin Extreme Cleansing Balm
(Php30/sachet). This washable cleansing balm is a wax type cleanser that's supposed to be used everyday to remove makeup and impurities. Problem is, it is oily so although I really like citrus scents (it contains orange peel), I think it is not a good choice of cleanser for oily or combination skin.

iWhite Heating Pumpkin Enzyme Mask (Php30/sachet). I was pleasantly surprised when I first used this iWhite Mask because the moment the product came in contact with my skin, I really felt the heat! I tried other self-heating masks before (Garnier, etc.) but this pumpkin enzyme mask is really something. I like putting it on 2x/week just for the fun of it and not really for its beneficial properties. It's supposed to improve circulation in the skin by producing heat but I don't think it is suitable for the Philippines as it can really get hot and humid here. Although it smells good as in "all-natural" good, the consistency is quite thick and the mask felt like peanut butter on my face. I have really oily skin so this pumpkin enzyme mask is not a keeper for me.

iWhite Pore Refining Coffee Sugar Polish (PhP30/sachet). This wonderful face scrub is formulated from black coffee, sugar, oatmeal, and royal jelly. I am a big fan of facial scrubs so I felt like I hit the jackpot whe I first tried iWhite's Pore Refining Coffee Sugar Polish-- skin was soft and looked after application. And it isn't drying like most facial scrubs. One of my favorite facial products, I use iWhite Pore Refining Coffee Sugar Polish twice a week.

iWhite Ice Wine Rose Petal Mask (PhP30/sachet). This toning mask follows the application of the heating pumpkin enzyme mask or the pore refine coffee sugar polish. It's supposed to help tighten pores and hydrate the skin. But since it comes in a gel form, it can be quite sticky upon application. Although I can't say that this product is an absolute must-have for me, it is non-irritating and moisturizes the skin. I also keep it refrigerated for an added cooling effect.

iWhite Fresh Seaweed Skin Renewal Gel (PhP30/sachet). This leave-on sleeping mask is formulated from sea water, bamboo, and algae extracts and is said to have anti-aging properties. I apply it on my face and neck before sleeping and noticed that it does have a hydrating effect on the skin. Like the ice wine rose petal mask, I keep it refrigerated because I think gel-type mositurizers work best this way.

Although I can't say that the whole iWhite 5-step Botanical Skin Care System suits oily and combination skin, it is an inexpensive starter kit for those who are looking for inexpensive facial products. For those who want to give it a try, use it for 1-2 weeks and then decide which products work best for your skin type. As for me, I think I'll replenish my stock of Pore Refining Coffee Sugar Polish and have decided to just consume my existing supply of the other products included in the iWhite 5-step Botanical Skin Care System.