Dinner at Karlyn's Food Station

Last Monday, I had dinner with Lyle, Blogie, and Ria at Karlyn's Food Station. Frankly, I wasn't too enthusiastic because I already promised myself not to put even a single morsel of beef in my mouth (due to health reasons). I have been to Karlyn's before so I knew that I was going to pig out on at least one of their meat-based menu offerings.

Ignoring my already nagging conscience, I ordered Beef Stroganoff and Burger Steak (actually Karlyn's version of Salisbury Steak). For Lyle, I ordered Steak ala Pobre, the house specialty.



The Burger Steak was flavorful and was served with gravy and vegetables. And although I don't think it measures up to Red Ribbon's Salisbury Steak, it is better than Jollibee's impoverished-looking version of the dish.



I also liked the Beef Stroganoff, which was a dish of tender pieces of beef in creamy sauce served over pasta. It was tasty. Each serving, however, is snack-sized rather than meal-sized. So make sure you order something else or you'll end up with a still growling belly.



And then there was the Steak Ala Pobre. It was delicously tender and reminded me of Port Cafe's Bulalo Steak ( at Gaisano Mall) . I really enjoyed Karlyn's bestseller that before I knew it, I was eating off Lyle's plate. Literally!

Visit Karlyn's Food Station at Dona Luisa Village, Davao City. It is just a stone's throw away from SM City Davao but if you have trouble locating the place, you can call them at 299-0087.


1 comment: